Parking & Vehicle Regulations
- Green, red, purple, & gold decals must be renewed each fall semester as they expire at the end of August each year.
- Blue decals are renewed every third year or as indicated on the decal.
- Handicap parking is allowed in all parking spaces, excluding loading zones, fire lanes, timed areas beyond the timed limit, or parking spaces specifically marked for an individual. Handicap designated spots are available in most lots. Handicap placards must be displayed.
- Temporary handicap permits are available at no cost from Student Services in F-109 to anyone who has a temporary disability that precludes walking long distances.
- Guest parking permits are available at S-103 at no cost.
- Temporary parking permits (such as for borrowed vehicles or rentals) are available at S-103 at no cost.
- Motorcycles and bicycles do not need to be registered. Bicycle racks have been placed at numerous locations throughout the campus.
- Decals must be affixed to the rear outside windshield on the lower left corner of the glass. Vehicles with plastic windows or bumpers may place decals on the front window close to the inspection or registration decals. Old decals should be removed. Decals may only be attached with adhesive on the decal.
- All students in seminary housing or on seminary property must have decals on all vehicles they may drive or park on seminary property.
- All parking permits/decals are located at the cashier’s office in S-103 at no cost.
Restricted Parking Areas
- Lot 1,3, Sunday midnight through Friday midnight, for blue decal parking only!
- Lot 4 is a gold sticker lot for Fort Worth Hall resident & Housing Office only, and designated guest parking.
- Lot 5 Monday to Friday 6 a.m. to 6 p.m. blue decal with green parking north of yellow line only.
- Lots 7&25 are purple sticker lots for Barnard Hall resident parking only, and designated guest parking.
- Lot 11 is reserved for Children’s Center, Walsh Counseling Center faculty, appointments, and visitors. Non-faculty/staff in these buildings should use Lot-26 only. No student parking allowed Lot-11. Lot 11 is a blue and green decal parking lot only.
- Lot 27 will have marked reserved spaces for the Campus Clinic. All non-marked spaces are for general student parking.
Parking regulations are enforced 24 hours a day, 7 days a week. Tickets will be issued for the offenses listed below. Other violations may be issued tickets that are not listed below.
- Parking in no-parking zone (areas not clearly marked for parking).
- Parking beyond a specified time limit in a timed area.
- Parking in a loading zone. Pausing in a loading zone only long enough to load or unload the vehicle is permitted.
- Parking in a drive or alley not designated for parking is not permitted.
- Parking or stopping for any reason in a fire lane is not permitted.
- Parking on a grassy area is not permitted.
- Parking or storing of vehicles which are not operational, expired license plates, expired state inspection sticker, or expired SWBTS decal is not permitted. Vehicles may be towed and stored at the student’s or owner’s expense.
- Student resident parking in student housing areas without proper decal affixed is not permitted.
- Back-in or pull-through parking in campus parking lots is not permitted.
- Violation of current city and state traffic laws on seminary property. This includes speeding (all speed limits are 10 m.p.h. in housing areas unless otherwise posted), failure to honor stop signs, parking on wrong side of street, and driving the wrong way.
- Parking in lots/spaces where not authorized (each lot is posted indicating authorized parking).
- Students or immediate family parking in a visitor space.
- Parking in such a manner that any portion of the vehicle extends over the lines defining the approved parking space.
- Washing cars on campus or areas of student housing where the rent and water bill are combined.
- Changing of oil or working on vehicles on campus or in unauthorized areas of student housing. Minor vehicle maintenance and changing of oil is allowed in the designated area of the Student Village. Rules are posted and strictly enforced.
- Parking an unregistered vehicle. All vehicles used by students or their families must have a decal. A temporary permit is available for borrowed or rental vehicles.
- Handicap spaces are for handicap personnel ONLY. A handicap placard or license plate must be displayed to use handicap parking. Handicap placards may be obtained at Student Services in F-109.
- Guest Parking is for guests visiting the seminary. It is not a parking space for seminary students or employees.
- General Parking Fines-$25.00
- Vehicle registration/inspection expired
- Vehicle over parking space lines
- Decal violations-$25.00
- Restricted parking violations-$25.00
- Visitor/loading zones, reserved parking spaces, timed parking
- Non-designated parking space, back-in/pull-through parking
- Grassy areas, alley ways
- City, state traffic law violations-$50.00
- Stop sign violation, negligent/speeding violation
- Wrong way on one way street
- Handicap Parking Violations-$75.00
- No placard or license plate displayed, non-handicap in handicap space
- Parking Safety Violations-$100.00
- Fire lane or hydrant violations
- Vehicle oil on ground/storm drains
- Late Fees: $10.00 will be accessed after 30 days of date ticket was issued if the ticket has not been paid.
- All fines are to be paid at the Cashier’s office in S-103 or by mail as noted in the appeals section of these regulations.
- (This is not an exhaustive list.)
From a campus phone, call "PARK" (7275) for more information on appeals, fines, decals, or to speak to someone in person.
- Appeal forms are available the following ways (instructions on the form provide critical information that must be followed):
- The front desk at the Naylor Student Center.
- The seminary website under “Offices,” select “All Offices,” then select “Campus Security,” then select the desired information.
- The parking appeals committee will consider appeals on a regular basis. When filed electronically, appeal notifications will be handled in the same manner. Forms may be filled out at the front desk of the Student Center, sealed in an envelope and deposited at the seminary post office inter-office mail, or by U.S. mail by sending the appeal to:
P.O. Box 22260,
Fort Worth, TX 76122-0260.
- Appeals not excused will be mailed to the student at the address submitted on the appeals form. If submitted electronically, the response will be electronically.
- Appeals that are excused may be found at the front desk in the Naylor Student Center unless they are submitted electronically.
- Appeal forms completely & correctly submitted will ensure a quick and fair response.
- Inclement weather will not excuse parking violations.
- Not having read the parking regulations will not be accepted as a reason for having a parking violation excused.
- A parking ticket will not be excused if it violates one of the existing parking regulations.
- Excessive parking violations will result in the revocation of parking privileges on SWBTS property.
- Faculty or staff are not permitted to excuse tickets or authorize the violation of any parking regulation.
- Appeal committee decisions will be final.
- Deadlines to remember: from date of issuance: 15 days to make an appeal and 30 days to pay the fine.
- Parking regulations apply to all drivers of vehicles, regardless of relationship to student, and are subject to change without notice.
Parking Decal Designations
Lots 10, 13, 18, 24, 26, 27* and general housing lots
Clerical Staff/Adjunct Faculty
Lot 5 Mon to Fri, North of yellow line, all day Sat & Sun. Lot 6,10,11,13,18,24,26, & 27* Anytime.
Lots 1,3,5,6,10,11,18,24,26, & 27* anytime.
Lots 7, 10, 13, 18, 24, 25, 26 & 27* anytime.
Fort Worth Hall
Lots 4, 10, 13, 18, 24,26, & 27* anytime.
To Be Announced
To Be Announced
No decal is needed for guest (non-student related) parking in any lot.
* Lot 27 has reserved parking spaces for patients at the medical clinic ONLY.
NOTE: Loading zones—10-minute limit in all areas.