Donald H. Kim
Assistant Professor of Bible
- Ph.D., Southwestern Baptist Theological Seminary, 2014
- M.Div., Yale University Divinity School, 2006
- B.A., Classics with Special Honors, University of Texas at Austin, 2002
- Tyndale House, Cambridge, UK, Summer 2011
- Hebrew University, Jerusalem, Israel, Summer 2005
- Goethe Institut, Murnau, Germany, Summer 2002
- Assistant Professor of Bible, The College at Southwestern, 2009-Present
- Editor, IBR Library Review, 2009-2011
- Visiting Professor, Instituto Teológico Bautista Pablo, 2009-2012
- Adjunct, The College at Southwestern, 2007-2009
- Hebrew Instructor, Yeshivah Antioch, 2008-2009
- Associate Pastor of Education, Korean Baptist Church of Laredo, 2008-2009
- Ministry Staff, Trinity Baptist Church, New Haven, Connecticut, 2004-2007
- NAMB Semester Missionary, 2006-2007
Honors and Fellowships
- Presidential Scholarship for Biblical Studies. Southwestern Seminary, 2007-2010
- Two Brothers Fellowship. Hebrew University, Jerusalem, Israel, 2005
- "From Thought to Print: Jonathan Edwards' 'Sinners in the Hands of an Angry God.'" Jonathan Edwards Society (January 2011). http://www.jesociety.org/2011/01/22/from-thought-to-print-jonathan-edwards-sinners-in-the-hands-of-an-angry-god/.
- "Oikonomia or Economy? Understanding the Currency of Grace." National Meeting of Evangelical Theological Society (November 2012).
- "God's Righteousness as the Ethos of Romans," National Meeting of Evangelical Theological Society. Nov 2009
- "The Ethos of God's Righteousness," Southwest Regional Meeting of the Evangelical Theological Society. Mar 2009
- Review of Lord of the Entire World: Lord Jesus, a Challenge to Lord Caesar?, by Joseph D Fantin. Journal of the Evangelical Theological Society 55, no. 3 (2012), p 611-613.
- Review of Jesus and the God of Israel: God Crucified and Other Studies on the New Testament's Christology of Divine Identity, by Richard Bauckham. Southwestern Journal of Theology 53, no. 1 (2010), p 93-95.
- Review of Christ and Caesar: The Gospel and the Roman Empire in the writings of Paul and Luke, by Seyoon Kim. Southwestern Journal of Theology 52, no. 2 (2010), p 191-192.
- Review of The Early Christians in Ephesus from Paul to Ignatius, by Paul Trebilco. Southwestern Journal of Theology 52, no. 2 (2010), p 193-194.
- Society of Biblical Literature
- Institute for Biblical Research
- Evangelical Theological Society
- Spouse: Grace Kim