Associate Dean of Libraries and Bowld Music Librarian
- Ph.D.(in Musicology), Louisiana State University, 1989
- Master of Librarianship, University of South Carolina, 1978
- M.M., University of South Carolina, 1976
- B.A.(in music), University of Chinese Culture, 1974
- Print Cataloger, Houston Community College, Central Library, 1991-94
- Assistant Professor/Music Cataloger, Bowling Green State University, 1986-87
- Intern in Cataloging Dept., Louisiana State University, Troy Middleton Library, 1984-86
- Instructor, Taiwan Theological College, Dept of Church Music, 1976-77, 1978-81
- 2010 American Theological Library Association, International Collaboration Grant, Training Library Staff in Music Cataloging and Music Collection Management
- 2006-2007 Association of Theological Schools, Lilly Research Expense Grant, The Survey of Chinese Hymnody
- 2004 American Theological Library Association, CDRI (Cooperative Digital Resources Initiative), Phase III, Worship Project
- 2003 American Theological Library Association, CDRI (Cooperative Digital Resources Initiative), Phase II, Shape-Note Tune Books Project
- Chinese translation of Scott Aniol’s Worship in Song: A Biblical Approach to Music and Worship. Taipei: Grace Publishing House, 2013.
- “Chinese Indigenous Hymns in the Early 20th Century,” paper presented at Christian Congregational Music Conference at Ripon College Cuddesdon, August 1-3, 2013.
- “Chinese Christian Hymnody.” In The Canterbury Dictionary of Hymnology (http://www.hymnology.co.uk/), October 2014.
- Chinese translation of Donald P. Hustad's Jubilate II. Taipei: Campus Evangelical Fellowship, 1998.
- An Annotated Bibliography of Church Music. New York: Edwin Mellen Press, 2003.
- "Sing Praises.” In The Facets of Worship, ed. by Philip H. Chan, 45-53. Hong Kong: Christian Times, 2005 [in Chinese].
- Chinese translation of Terry York’s Rehearsing the Soul. Taipei: Grace Publishing House, 2006.
- English translation of Gershom Ma’s The Study of Choral Technique.
- Chinese translation of Terry York's Observing the Rests. Taipei: Grace Publishing House, 2008.
- A History of Chinese Christian Hymnody: From Its Missionary Origins to Contemporary Indigenous Productions. New York: Edwin Mellen, 2009.
- Chinese translation of Terry York and C. David Bolin's The Voice of Our Congregation. Taipei: Grace Publishing House, 2010.
- Chinese translation of A History of Chinese Christian Hymnody: From its Missionary Origins to Contemporary Indigenous Productions. Hong Kong: Chinese Baptist Press (International) Ltd., 2011.
- Chinese translation of Terry York and C. David Bolin’s The Worship Matrix. Taipei: Grace Publishing House, 2011.
- American Guild of Organists, 2013-present
- Music Library Association, 1982-present
- Hymn Society in the United States and Canada, 1997-present (Editorial Advisory Board, 2004-2006)
- American Bach Society, 2002-present
- World Association for Chinese Church Music, Resources Advisory Committee, 2005-present
- Who's Who in America, 2009
- Travis Avenue Baptist Church, Fort Worth, Texas
- Spouse: Stephen Hsieh
- Children: Ann