How to Obtain Textbooks
Textbooks can be obtained from the Lifeway Bookstore on the Southwestern Baptist Theological Seminary Fort Worth Campus. They make sure to have all of the required textbooks in stock for the current semester. If you are within driving distance, you can visit the store at 4540 James Ave., Fort Worth, TX. Call or email the bookstore for directions. Or the bookstore can ship you these books. You may contact them at 1.800.656.2215, firstname.lastname@example.org, or https://www.facebook.com/lifeway.swbts. In addition, try your local bookstore or an online bookstore such as Amazon or Barnes & Noble.
Summer 2015 Online Textbook List
* Para ver la lista de libros, desplácese hacia abajo*
School of Theology
BPTST 3203 I – Baptist Heritage
- Early, Joseph. Readings in Baptist History: Four Centuries of Selected Documents. Nashville: B&H Academic, 2008. (RBH)
- Estep, William R. The Anabaptist Story: An Introduction to Sixteenth-Century Anabaptism. 3rd ed. rev. and enlr. Grand Rapids: Eerdmans, 1996.
- George, Timothy, and David S. Dockery, eds. Theologians of the Baptist Tradition. Nashville: B&H Academic, 2001. (TBT)
- Patterson, Paige. Anatomy of a Reformation: The Southern Baptist Convention 1978–2004. Fort Worth: Southwestern Baptist Theological Seminary, 2004. Available here. (AR)
ETHIC 4323 I – Bible & Moral Issues
GREEK 3356 I – Biblical Greek I & II (Turbo)
- Aland, Barbara, Kurt Aland, Johannes Karavidopoulos, Carlo M. Martini, and Bruce M. Metzger, Holger Strutwolf, eds. The Greek New Testament. 5th rev. ed. NY: American Bible Society, 2014. ISBN: 978-3438051165
- Baugh, S. M. A First John Reader. Philipsburg, NJ: P&R Publishing, 1999. ISBN: 0875520952. As the class translates 1 John this reader will help each student in translation.
- Black, David Alan. Learn to Read New Testament Greek. 3rd edition. Nashville: Broadman & Holman, 2009. ISBN: 0805444933. This is the primary text for this course. It is an introductory Greek grammar that will introduce students to all necessary aspects of Greek grammar.
- DeMoss, Matthew S. Pocket Dictionary for the Study of New Testament Greek. InterVarsity Press, 2001. ISBN: 0830814647
HEBRW 4356 I – Biblical Hebrew I & II (Turbo)
Evangelism and Missions
MISSN 4333 I – World Religions
- Corduan, Wilfried, Neighboring Faiths: A Christian Introduction to World Religions (2nd edition), Downers Grove: IVP Academic, 2012.
- Muck, Terry/Adeney, Frances S., Christianity Encountering World Religions, Grand Rapids: Baker Academics, 2009.
Cursos en Español
BIBST 3203 IS – Hermenéutica Bíblica
PHILO 4373 IS – Apologética Cristiana