Southwestern Master Chorale

The Friday evening session of the 2014 spring retreat occuring on February 7 has been cancelled. The Saturday, February 8 session will occur as scheduled

Principal Chorus of the Fort Worth Symphony Orchestra

    Welcome to the official webpage of the Southwestern Seminary Master Chorale.

    The Southwestern Seminary Master Chorale is a wonderful alliance of dedicated, volunteer musicians from the Dallas/Fort Worth metroplex and advanced music students from the Southwestern Seminary School of Church Music. Our performances serve not only the School of Church Music but also the Dallas/Fort Worth community through a long-standing partnership with the Fort Worth Symphony Orchestra.

    The Master Chorale delivers a minimum of four major choral concerts each year, highlighted by a tradition of performing Handel's Messiah annually since 1921. The Chorale also serves as the resident chorus for the Fort Worth Symphony and frequently appears in its concerts at the acoustically superb Bass Performance Hall in downtown Fort Worth. The Chorale has recorded 12 critically acclaimed compact discs and presented two American premieres (Jonathan Willcocks's A Great and Glorious Victory and Alexander Grechaninov's Kvalite Boga) as well as a world premiere of Willcocks's From Darkness to Light. 

    In May 2011, the Southwestern Master Chorale, in conjuntion with the Southwestern Singers, premiered two works at the Avery Fisher Hall, part of New York City's famed Lincoln Center. The two works, Peace Ascends and Excursion were composed by Southwestern Seminary's own Dr. Stephen Johnson and Dr. William "Mac" Davis, respectively. As well as the premiere pieces, the chorale also had the honor of performing W.A. Mozart's Requiem in the heart of America's premiere musical city.The Chorale has been under the directon of Dr. David Thye since 2007.

    For information on Southwestern Seminary Master Chorale performances
     

    Phone: 817-923-1921 ext. 6990
    Email: MasterChorale@swbts.edu

    Established 1908 Fort Worth, Texas