"LORD, You are my portion and my cup of blessing; You hold my future. The boundary lines have fallen for me in pleasant places; indeed, I have a beautiful inheritance." Psalm 16:5-6
Dean of Women's Programs
Metochai, evolving from the Greek word meaning partners, seeks to prepare student wives to be partners in ministry with their husbands. Metochai also provides spiritual growth and fellowship opportunities.
In the fall of 1939 at Southwestern Baptist Theological Seminary, Fort Worth, Texas, a group of student wives felt the need for an organization for wives on the campus. For over 70 years, Southwestern has invested in student wives through this organization.
- Monthly meetings with praise and worship, encouraging speakers, and a time of fellowship with table mentors and fellow members
- Seminary Studies for Student Wives
- Bible studies
Ministry to Seminary Family
- Brothers Keeper (used clothing free to Seminary families), located at 4844 Stanley Ave. Open the second and fourth Saturdays from 10:00 am to noon and Tuesdays from 12:30 p.m. to 1:30 p.m.
- Volunteers for ministry of special needs
- Free childcare from 2 months through 6th grade is provided for Metochai meetings.
- Metochai childcare reservations must be made by noon on the Friday before the meeting (817.923.1921 x7788). Cancellations must be made by noon on the day of the meeting by calling x2970.