"O Lord, You are the portion of my inheritance and my cup; You maintain my lot. The lines have fallen to me in pleasant places; yes, I have a good inheritance." Psalm 16:5-6
Dean of Women's Programs
In the fall of 1939 at Southwestern Baptist Theological Seminary, a group of student wives felt the need for an organization for wives on campus. For more than 70 years, Southwestern has invested in student wives through this organization.
Metochai, evolving from the Greek word meaning partners, seeks to prepare student wives to be partners in ministry with their husbands. Metochai also provides spiritual growth and fellowship opportunities.
- Monthly meetings with praise and worship, encouraging speakers, and a time of fellowship with table mentors and fellow members
- Seminary Studies for Student Wives
- Bible studies
Ministry to Seminary Family
- Brothers Keeper (used clothing free to seminary families), located at 4844 Stanley Ave. Open the second and fourth Saturdays from 10 a.m. to noon and Tuesdays from 12:30 to 1:30 p.m.
- Volunteers for ministry of special needs
- Free childcare from 2 months through 6th grade is provided for Metochai meetings.
- Metochai childcare reservations must be made by noon on the Friday before the meeting (817.923.1921, ext. 7788). Cancellations must be made by noon on the day of the meeting by calling ext. 2970.