Vice President for Institutional Advancement
- Birchman Baptist Church, Fort Worth, Texas.
- Bachelor of Business Administration (Accounting and Finance), Southern Methodist University, 1976
- Master’s-level studies at Southwestern Baptist Theological Seminary.
Professional Experience - Southwestern Baptist Theological Seminary
- Vice President for Institutional Advancement. Elected April 4, 2006.
- Acting Vice President for Institutional Advancement. Appointed January 1, 2006.
- Associate Vice President for Institutional Advancement. Appointed November 1, 2005.
- Associate Vice President for Business Administration. January 2005 - November 2005.
- Director for Business Services. October 2004 to December 2004 while enrolled as a student.
Professional Experience - Fred Hughes Motors, Abilene, Texas (1976-2001)
- Sales Manager
- General Manager
- Led as many as 200 sales and service employees in new and used automobile dealership. Franchises acquired and sold over the years include Buick, Pontiac, Cadillac, Chevrolet, GMC, Toyota, Honda, Nissan, BMW, and Hyundai.
- Honors: TIME Magazine 1992 Quality Dealer Award Small Businessman of the Year in Abilene.
- Chairman of the Board of Trustees, Hendrick Health System, Abilene.1991-1993, 1994-1995.
- Chairman of the Board of Directors, Abilene Chamber of Commerce. 1997.
- Chairman of the Board of Directors, United Way of Abilene. 1994.
- Board Member, Abilene Industrial Foundation.
- Executive Board Member, Texas Automobile Dealer Association.1998-2000.
- Spouse: Lynda Jackson Hughes
- Children: Craft (Wife-Joanna), Lee (Wife-Katie), and Clark
- Grandchildren: Charlie, Mackenzie, and Elizabeth
The gallery is empty.