Professor of Humanities
- Dallas Institute of Humanitites, Literature courses, 1993-present
- School of Spirituality and Spiritual Direction Certificate, Dallas Episcopal Center of Renewal, 2007-2011
- Biblical Counseling Certificate, Southwestern Baptist Theological Seminary, 2007-present (in progress)
- M.A., The University of Dallas, History, Classics, Philosophy, Literature, 2005-present (in progress)
- Ed.D., Educational Psychology, 1984, upgraded to Ph.D., 1994, Education, Southwestern Baptist Theological Seminary, Fort Worth, Texas, 1994
- Post-graduate hours at Texas Women’s University, Counseling, 1991-93
- D.Min., Theology, Southwestern Baptist Theological Seminary, Fort Worth, Texas, 1984
- M.Div., Apologetics, Trinity Evangelical Divinity School, Deerfield, Illinois, 1974
- Secondary Teaching Certificate, University of Arkansas, Fayetteville, Arkansas, 1972
- Graduate Hours at Dallas Theological Seminary, Theology, 1968 - 69
- B.A., History, Penn State University, State College, Pennsylvania, 1967
- Undergraduate hours at Westmont College, Santa Barbara, Ca., 1965 - 66
- A.A., Pasadena Community College, Pasadena, California, 1965
- Professor of Humanities, The College at Southwestern, 2005-present
- Senior Teaching Fellow, Tentmakers Trainers, Minnesota, 1993-present.
- Adjunct Professor of Education, Texas Christian University, Fort Worth, Texas, 1999-2002, 2003-05
- Professor of Pastoral Ministries and Education, Tyndale Theological Seminary, Amsterdam, The Netherlands, 1985-90, 2002-03
- Adjunct Traveling Bible Teacher, Christian Businessmen of Western and Eastern Europe, and Bible Education by Extension, 1987-93
- Visiting Professor, Jordan Evangelical Theological Seminary, Amman, Jordan, 1992 - 93
- Part-time History Teacher, Texas Boys Choir, and Trinity Christian Academy, Fort Worth, Texas 1991-96
- On-going discipling, life-coaching, business consulting, motivational seminars in workplace
- Interim Pastor, Cross Timbers Bible Church, Peaster, Texas, 2007- 2008
- Navigator Area Representative, Fort Worth, Texas, and Overseas Missionary, The Netherlands, 1985-2005
- Executive Director, Disciples at Work Foundation, Editor of Good Works Press, 1990-present
- Director of Curriculum Development, The Caleb Institute, Minneapolis, Minnesota, 1994-2005
- Chaplain, counselor, consultant, Southern Champion Tray Co., 2000-02, 2003-present
- Interim President, Tyndale Theological Seminary, Amsterdam, The Netherlands, 2002-03
- Part-time Senior Pastor, Trinity Bible Church, Aledo, Texas, 1994-99
- Department Chair of Pastoral Ministries, Assoc. Professor of Christian Education, Tyndale Theological Seminary, Amsterdam, The Netherlands, 1985-90
- Part-time Director of Curriculum Development, Career Impact Ministries, Arlington, Texas, 1979, 1980
- Pastor of Christian Education and Leadership Development, McKinney Memorial Bible Church, Fort Worth, Texas 1981-84
- Navigator State Director, Nav Press Associate, Community Director, Fayetteville, Arkansas, and Fort Worth, Texas, 1970-80
- Wycliffe Associate, Summer Co-Director and Director of Jungle Camp, Chiapas, Mexico, 1969, 1970
- Book Reviews, Aereopagas Journal, 2007-08.
- What we Believe About series (published by Trinity Bible Church, Aledo, Texas 1995-99).
- Paul, the Tentmaker; The Genesis of Work; Personalities in Proverbs; Enjoying the Futility of Work; Nehemiah in the Workplace; Pursuing God’s Purpose,Biblical Business Ethics, What in the World is a Worldview?; - ( all published by Good Works Press, Discipleship at Work Foundation, 1992-99).
- Article included in 101 Ideas for Small Groups (NavPress, 1997).
- Pursuing God’s Purpose, reviewed by Vision River Guide: A Path to Finding Life Purpose, Vol. 1: (Profiles Vision River, Atlanta, Georgia, 1997).
- Academic Policies Handbook, Student Affairs Handbook, Christian Education Handbook (Tyndale Theological Seminary, Amsterdam, The Netherlands, 1989).
- How to Lead a Bible Discussion Group (McKinney Memorial Bible Church, 1983).
- Lead Out: A Guide for Leading Bible Discussion Groups (NavPress, 1973).
- Advanced Search the Scriptures: An Approach to Chapter Analysis Bible Study(NavPress, 1972).
- Design for Discipleship, Books Three and Four (NavPress, 1971).
- Evangelical Theological Society
- Evangelical Philosophical Society
- The American Chesterton Society
- The Dorothy Sayers Society
- C. S. Lewis Foundation
- Christian Educators Association International
- The Caleb Institute
- Spouse: Barbara Ann Bertch
- Children: Charissa, Felicia, Zuriel, Daria
- Church Membership: Travis Avenue Baptist Church, Fort Worth
The gallery is empty.