Professor of Historical Theology and Chair of the Church History Department
- Ph.D., University of Aberdeen, Aberdeen, Scotland, 1999
- M.Div., New Orleans Baptist Theological Seminary, New Orleans, La., 1993
- B.A., University of Mobile, Mobile, Ala., 1991
- Associate Professor., Southwestern Baptist Theological Seminary, 2005-present
- Adjunct Professor, New Orleans Baptist Seminary, extension centers, 2002-05
- Adjunct Professor, Southwestern Baptist Seminary, Marshall extension, 2004-05
- Assistant Professor of Church History, Southeastern Seminary, Wake Forest, N.C., 1999-2002
- Tutor, University of Aberdeen, Aberdeen, Scotland, 1997-99
- Pulpit Supply, 2005-present
- Associate Pastor of Theology/Discipleship, Broadmoor Baptist, Shreveport, La., 2002-05
- Pulpit Supply and Interim Associate Pastor, various North Carolina and Virginia churches, 1999-2002
- Pastor, Stonehaven Baptist Church, Stonehaven, Scotland, 1997-99
- Minister of Youth, First Baptist Church, Louisville, Miss., 1993-96
- Part-time Youth Minister, 1989-93
- Reformation Studies/Systematic Theology
- Theological Interpretation, Theology of Luther, Hermeneutics, Revalation/Scripture, Early English Baptists/Baptist Thought
- Editor of the Matthew volume for the forthcoming Reformation Commentary on Scripture Series by InterVarsity Press, ca. 2010.
- The Theology of John Smyth. Macon: Mercer University Press, 2003.
- Articles and Essays:
- "The Regula Fidei as a Guide for Biblical Preaching." InTradition and the Baptist Academy, Studies in Baptist History and Thought, ed. Philip E. Thompson and Roger Ward (Carlisle: Paternoster Press, 2008).
- "Baptism and Covenant." In Restoring Integrity in Baptist Churches, 119-36. Grand Rapids: Kregel, 2008.
- The following articles in the Encyclopedia of Christian Civilizationforthcoming from Blackwell: "John Smyth," "Hermeneutics," "Peter Waldo," "Waldenses."
- "Faith and Freedom." White Paper 1. Fort Worth: Center for Theological Research, 2005.
- Various book reviews including:
- Ralph Klein's 1 Chronicles. Reviewed in Journal of the Evangelical Theological Society, September 2007, vol. 50, no. 3, pp. 606-08.
- Leo Perdue's Reconstructing Old Testament Theology. Reviewed in Journal of the Evangelical Theological Society, June 2006, vol. 49, no. 2. pp. 401-403.
- Scott Hafemann's (ed.) Biblical Theology. Reviewed in Canadian Evangelical Journal, Spring 2004.
- Meic Pearse's The Great Restoration. Reviewed in Themelios, November 1999, vol. 25, no. 1, pp. 133-134.
- Jan Milic Lochman's Zeal for Truth and Tolerance. Reviewed in Evangelical Quarterly, July 1998, vol. LXX, no. 3, pp. 281.
- Reviews in non-refereed journals
- Edwards in Our Time: Jonathan Edwards and the Shaping of American Religion, edited by San Hyun Lee and Allen C. Guelzo for Faith and Mission, Fall 2001, vol. 19, no. 1, pp. 135-136.
- Mark Dever's Richard Sibbes. Reviewed in Faith an Mission, Spring 2001, vol. 18, no. 2 pp. 107-109.
- David Vaughn's Jonathan Edwards. Reviewed in Faith and Mission, Spring 2001 vol. 18, no. 2, pp. 106-107.
- Pilgrim Pathways: Essays in Honor of B.R.White, edited by William H. Brackney and Paul Fiddes with John H. Y. Briggs. Reviewed in Faith and Mission, Fall 2000, vol. 18, no.1, pp. 142-143.
- Frank Lambert's Inventing the Great Awakening. Reviewed in Faith and Mission, Summer 2000, vol. 17, no. 3, pp. 115-6.
- Dictionary of the Presbyterian and Reformed Tradition in America. Reviewed in Faith and Mission, Summer 2000, vol. 17, no. 3, p. 117.
- William H. Brackney's Historical Dictionary of the Baptists. Reviewed inFaith and Mission, Summer 2000, vol. 17, no. 3, pp. 118-9.
- James L. Sullivan's Baptist Polity As I See It. Reviewed in Faith and Mission, Spring 2000, vol. 17, no. 2, pp. 111-2.
- E.Y. Mullins' The Axioms of Religion. Reviewed in Faith and Mission, Spring 2000, vol. 17, no. 2, pp. 112-4.
- John G. Crowley's Primitive Baptists of the Wiregrass South. Reviewed inFaith and Mission, Spring 2000, vol. 17, no. 2, pp. 114-16.
- John Primus' Richard Greenham: The Portrait of an Elizabethan Pastor. Reviewed in Faith and Mission, Fall 1999, vol. 17, no. 1, pp. 95-96.
- Alden Vaughan's The Puritan Tradition in America. Reviewed in Faith and Mission, Fall 1999, vol. 17, no. 1, pp. 105-06.
- "Interpreting the Parables of Luke." Advanced Expository Preaching Workshop. Fort Worth, TX, October 10, 2008.
- “Hermeneutics and Creation Questions.” Symposium of Young-Earth and Old-Earth Creationists. Fort Worth, TX, 2008.
- “Applying Bahktin to Place Names in the Hebrew Bible.” ETS Southwest Regional Meeting. Fort Worth, TX, 2007.
- “Making Sense of Matthew 17 in Reformation Commentaries.” ETS National Meeting. San Diego, California, 2007.
- "The Regula Fidei as a Guide for Biblical Preaching." Young Scholars in the Baptist Academy. Regents Park College, Oxford UK, July 30, 2006.
- Evangelical Theological Society
- Society of Biblical Literature
- Spouse: Kimberly D. McCullough
- Children: McKayla Hope, Hayden Kenneth-Dean, Graham Taylor, Jackson Knox
- Church Membership: Redeemer Church, Fort Worth, Texas
Other Resources for Jason Lee
The gallery is empty.