Professor of Church History
- Ph.D., Southwestern Baptist Theological Seminary, 1987
- M.Div., Southwestern Baptist Theological Seminary, 1980
- M.A., Oxford University, 1974 (conferred 1979)
- B.A., Oklahoma Baptist University, 1972
- The University of Dallas, 1982
- The Divinity School, Duke University, 1990-91
- The University of North Carolina at Chapel Hill, 1990-91
- Multi-housing Ministry Strategist, Yates Baptist Association and the Baptist State Convention of North Carolina, 1990-91
- Teaching Fellow and Adjunct Teacher in Church History, 1981-83
- Assistant Reference Librarian, Southwestern Baptist Theological Seminary, 1981
- Administrative Assistant for Health and Social Services, Office of the Governor of Oklahoma, 1975-77
- Conversation participant, Churches of Christ and Southern Baptist discussions, IFW-HMB-SBC, 1992-98
- SBC observer at Faith & Order Commission, National Council of Churches (1991) for Interfaith Witness Department, Home Mission Board-SBC, 1988-91
- "The Decline and Recovery of Believers' Baptism." Southwestern Journal of Theology. Spring 2001.
- Editor of Fides et Historia. 1994-97.
- "W.R. Estep: Advocate of the Free Church Heritage." Southwestern Journal of Theology. Summer 1994.
- "William Roscoe Estep, Jr." The Legacy of Southwestern. 2002.
- Articles in Discipleship Training on John Smyth, Thomas Helwys, John Bunyan and general and particular Baptists in England
- Book reviews in Southwestern Journal of Theology, Baptist History and Heritageand Texas Baptist History
- "Baptist Polity," Conversation of Southern Baptists and Churches of Christ, Belmont University, Nashville, Tenn., Jan. 29-30, 1993
- "Hübmaier's Theology of Proclamation," Believers' Church Conference, Fort Worth, Texas, March 30-April 1, 1989
- "Samuel Richardson and Changes in a London Calvinistic Baptist's Opposition to a State-supported Clergy, 1644-1656," SW Regional Meeting, AAR, Irving, Texas, March 1988
- Conference on Faith and History
- American Society of Church History
- Baptist History and Heritage Society
- Church Membership:
- University Baptist Church, Fort Worth, Texas
- Children's ministry team, Southcrest Mission
- Spouse: Sharon Hodgin
- Children: Lydia