Computer Learning Center
The Computer Learning Center has 31 PC's with 8 PCs outside and 23 PCs inside, 1 self-service laser printer, 1 color scanner, offering text conversion (OCR) and graphical scanning software, 1 multimedia projector and 1 data port for laptop modem access for use by faculty, staff, students, and spouses. (Seminary children may not use the lab unless accompanied by their parent.)
The Computer Learning Center defines its primary objectives as:
- To coordinate and support faculty in the teaching of regularly scheduled classes and on-line courses.
- To assist students with general computer questions and the formatting of research papers.
- To provide students with Internet access for comprehensive research through web-based programs such as First Search.
Computer Programs and Features:
- Microsoft Office 2007 Suite featuring MS Word, MS Powerpoint and MS Excel, etc.
- Corel Wordperfect 12.0
- Adobe Reader 8
- PlanYM 2.0
- GRAMCORD for Windows
- Microsoft Internet Explorer 7.0
- On CommonGround (selected computers)
- Bible Works 7.0 (selected computers)
Computer Lab Hardware:
- 3.5" Floppy Disk Drive
- Front Mounted USB ports (2)
- CD ROM Drive
- HP LaserJet 4250 Printer
- HP Scanjet 3500c Scanner
- SANYO Pro xtraX multimedia Projector
The Computer Lab does not have any Rewritable (RW) CD ROMS or a color printer. For color printing, please contact Copy Center at the extension of 2679.
Computer Lab Hours:
The Computer Lab opens with the library but always closes one-half hour before the rest of the library in the evening.
Computer Lab Fees:
- Printing: .13 per page (accept Seminary GoldCard, cash or personal check)
- Faxes (accept cash and personal check only)
- Local (within the US) .36 per page
- International 1.01 per page
Receiving - .13 per page