Southwestern dedicates the Hale Auditorium

FORT WORTH, Texas (SWBTS) – Southwestern Baptist Theological Seminary dedicated the Fred M. and Edith M. Hale Auditorium in its J.W. MacGorman Chapel, Dec. 1.

The Hale Auditorium was given to Southwestern Seminary through the legacy of the Hale Fund and the stewardship of the Baptist Foundation of Texas. During the MacGorman Chapel dedication service, Craig Blaising, executive vice president and provost at the seminary, recognized the foundation’s President and CEO Lynn Craft. Blaising expressed gratitude to Craft and the Baptist Foundation of Texas for helping the seminary identify this gift, which financed the building of the Hale Auditorium.

The 3,500-seat Hale Auditorium is the largest performance hall in Fort Worth, and it will serve as the location of Southwestern Seminary’s weekly chapel services, as well as its fall and spring graduation services. The auditorium is especially suited for the preaching of God’s Word, through which generations of Southwestern Seminary students will be transformed and trained.

This performance hall is also designed as a venue for top-quality stage productions and musical events. Alongside its excellent acoustics, the auditorium features state-of-the-art sound, video, and lighting systems, as well as a combination pipe-digital organ that can support congregational worship as well as large choral and instrumental ensembles. The main stage is large enough for a 90-piece orchestra and 200-voice choir. Two projection screens are mounted on each side of the stage, each one equivalent to a 330-inch television.
 

Established 1908 Fort Worth, Texas