Time Capsule reset in Memorial Building

FORT WORTH, Texas (SWBTS) – Southwestern Seminary administrators reset a time capsule in the northeast corner of the B.H. Carroll Memorial Building, Jan. 13. In October, the seminary extracted the previous time capsule—which had been set in the cornerstone in 1950—in honor of its 100th year in Fort Worth.
 
The new time capsule, constructed by members of the seminary’s physical plant, holds items reflective of Southwestern’s passion for ministry, evangelism and biblical fidelity. Included in the time capsule are:
  • A letter from Dr. Patterson about the institution.
  • Taking the Hill dog tags in honor of the evangelism initiative to share the Gospel with every home in a one-mile radius of the seminary, completed in 2010.
  • A “Preach the Word” CD, which contains mp3 files of Southwestern’s Expository Preaching Workshops and several of Dr. Patterson’s spring chapel sermon series.
  • A “Hunting the Most Dangerous Game” evangelism tract written by Dr. Patterson along with a shell casing from one of his rifles used on big game hunts.
  • A copy of the 2000 Baptist Faith and Message.
  • Copies of the Danvers Statement on Biblical Manhood and Womanhood and the Chicago Statement on Biblical Inerrancy, both of which were approved by trustees in 2010 as affirmed statements of the institution.
  • An exposition of 1 Corinthians by Dr. Patterson.
  • Copies of Whosoever Will and Restoring Integrity in Baptist Churches, edited by seminary faculty.
  • A bookmark with the president’s expectations of the faculty.
  • Christmas ornaments and postcards from Pecan Manor, the president’s home, which reflect buildings on campus and campus life, as well as a photo of Dr. Patterson’s dog, Noche.
  • Southwestern promotional materials.
  • A copy of the Southwestern News Centennial Book as well as newspapers from Southwestern’s centennial celebration.
  • Copies of Anatomy of a Reformation, a booklet written by Dr. Patterson about the Conservative Resurgence, and Calling Out the Called, a booklet about the call to ministry.

Established 1908 Fort Worth, Texas