Alumni celebrate 50 years of marriage and ministry
FORT WORTH, Texas (SWBTS) – Southwestern alumni Bob and Betty Gabriel met on the campus of Southwestern Baptist Theological Seminary in Fort Worth in 1956. Two years later, they were married and have enjoyed a half-century of marriage and ministry in both North and South America.
For more on their story, visit http://www.thecolumbiastar.net/news/2008/0530/society/022.html
About Southwestern Baptist Theological Seminary
Southwestern Seminary celebrates its centennial in 2008. Since its founding, the seminary has trained and sent out over 40,000 graduates to serve in local churches and mission fields around the world. In 1908, B.H. Carroll established the seminary on the campus of Baylor University. It was moved to its current location on Seminary Hill in Fort Worth in 1910 and was placed under the direction of the Southern Baptist Convention in 1925. Paige Patterson was elected as the eighth president of the seminary in 2003.
For more information, contact:
Dr. Thomas White, Vice President for Student Services and Communications
Southwestern Baptist Theological Seminary
817.923.1921 ext. 7300