Maximize your ministry and graduate sooner through summer classes
FORT WORTH, Texas (SWBTS) – This summer, students have the opportunity to make large strides in any academic track by taking classes in “May-mester” and summer terms, which pack substantive courses into a condensed time frame.
One of the most unique and distinctive classes offered is “Southern Baptists” in which students combine academic coursework with the exploration of Baptist history. The course is offered in conjunction with the Southern Baptist Convention Annual Meeting in Houston, Texas, and is taught by vice presidents Jason Duesing and Thomas White. Students will view two pre-course lectures before attending the convention meeting June 11-12. Students will see, firsthand, Baptist polity in a historically significant locale and participate in the convention by serving as microphone monitors for the annual meeting.
The class is available to both college and seminary students and requires that students cover their own expenses for the trip to Houston.
Another way to earn course credit in Houston is through the “Crossover Evangelism: Houston” class in the applied ministries division. Led by evangelism professor David Mills, students will aid in NAMB’s evangelism efforts the week prior to the annual meeting, June 2-8. Lodging and most meals are provided.
The course is available for both master’s and college credit. Contact Mills’ office at x4335 for more information.
Additionally, Southwestern offers other courses in varying formats. A sampling of this year’s offerings include:
- The Bible & Moral Issues | Richard Land | May 13-17
- Advanced Expository Preaching | Matthew McKellar | May 20-24
Hybrid (Courses combine three class days in May with work outside of class)
- The Christian Home | Evan Lenow | May 22-24
- The Ministry of Education | John Derouen | May 20-22
- Philosophy of Religion | John Howell | May 13-15
- Basic New Testament I | James Wicker | June 3-July 5
- Greek II | Matthew Sanders | July 5-Aug. 9
- “Turbo” Greek (Biblical Greek I & II) | David Sanchez | June 3-Aug.9
- “Turbo” Hebrew (Elementary Hebrew I & II) | Ryan Stokes | June 3-Aug. 9
- Missiological Issues | Steve Lee | SEND North America Conference | July 29-30
- Campus Ministry Internship | Max Barnett
- Stewardship Field Experience | Scott Preissler
To view the full schedule of classes offered, visit swbts.edu/courses. Registration for classes begins April 8 and will continue until classes fill. For one-week classes, registration ends one week prior to the start date to accommodate pre-class assignments. Students can register for five-week classes up until the start date. Contact the registrar’s office with questions at email@example.com.