Southwestern dedicates sound and media rooms
FORT WORTH, Texas (SWBTS) – Southwestern Baptist Theological Seminary dedicated the Adeline and George McQueen Media Communications Office and the Stevens Sound and Music Technology Room in its J.W. MacGorman Chapel, Dec. 1.
From this audio/visual control center, a technical staff will produce chapel services, stage productions and musical events hosted at the J.W. MacGorman Chapel. The rooms feature state-of-the-art sound and video equipment, including the fully automated, computerized, 96-channel sound board that many popular musicians use on nation-wide tours. Ten camera locations also allow for multi-angle video production.
The Stevens Sound and Music Technology room is named in memory of the late Paul M. Stevens, a Southwestern Seminary graduate and president of the Baptist Radio and Television Commission from 1953 to 1977. This entity became part of the North American Mission Board in 1997. During his career, Stevens led Southern Baptists to the innovative use of radio and television broadcasts for the proclamation of the Gospel. Stevens died at the age of 86 on July 10, 2002.
The Media Communications Office was funded through JP Morgan Bank by The Adeline and George McQueen Foundation.