Tuition and Fees
Tuition and Fees for online classes
The standard fee rates apply to all students unless they are members of a Southern Baptist church. The Southern Baptist Cooperative Program provides a generous scholarship for *Southern Baptist students. Student fee payments vary from student to student depending on the program of study. All student fees are subject to change without notice.
*Denominational affiliation is determined by the church endorsement form submitted with the student’s application and must be renewed each year by the annual certification of church membership form.
Denominational affiliation is determined initially by the church endorsement form submitted with the student's application to Southwestern Seminary. After admission, denominational affiliation is confirmed by the yearly certification of church membership. Questions about denominational affiliation can be directed to the Admissions Office for prospective students or the Registrar's Office for students renewing their yearly certification.
Southwestern Online Tuition (per hour for non-Southern Baptist students)
Southwestern Online Tuition (per hour for Southern Baptist students)
Internet Registration Fee (per 3 hour course)
Internet Registration Fee (per 1 hour course)
Deals for the MTS Degree
Locked-In Price with Monthly Installments
Local church staff members can also lock in their tuition price. So if you applied right now, you could lock in your full degree for $9,000 ($16,560 for members of non-Southern Baptist churches), then pay in 24 consecutive monthly installments, but complete your required courses for your degree over the next three years.
Tuition and fees may be paid via e-Cashier, directly to the Business Office (Room S-103) during posted hours, the Business Office drop box (Room S-105), or sent by mail to:Southwestern Baptist Theological Seminary
Attn: Business Office
P.O. Box 22480
Fort Worth, Texas 76122
Students are responsible for all charges assessed by the seminary for providing services to them, related fees where applicable, and all costs incurred by Southwestern Baptist Theological Seminary in the collection of these amounts.
Students officially withdrawing from a class(es) through the Office of the Registrar or on Web Advisor may receive a partial or full refund of tuition and student campus fees (or credit against the amount owed) as follows:
Fall and Spring Semesters
- For a student who officially withdraws from all classes during the first full week of the semester, the refund (or credit against the balance owed) will be 100% of the per hour tuition and student campus fee only, less a $20 per course drop fee. All other fees are non-refundable.
- Students officially withdrawing from classes during weeks two, three, and four of the semester will receive a refund of 50% of the per hour tuition fee (or credit against the balance owed), less a $20 per course drop fee. All other fees are non-refundable.
- Students withdrawing from classes after week four of the term will receive no refund or credit against the balance owed and will be charged the $20 per course drop fee.
Summer and Winter Semesters
For a student who officially withdraws from summer and winter classes, the refund of tuition and campus fee only (or credite against the balance owed) less the $20 per course drop fee will be based on the course term dates. The first class day is defined as the first day the class meets:
- Day 1 .............. 100% of tuition and student campus fee only.
- Next two calendar days after the class meets (i.e. Tuesday and Wednesday of a Monday/Wednesday course) ............................ 50% of tuition only. No refunds of any tuition and fees are given after this time frame.
- All other fees are non-refundable.
A Refund Petition Committee will consider written appeals of the above refund policy for matters involving “extreme medical emergencies and/or death in the immediate family.” Contact the Business Office at (817) 923-1921, ext. 2400 for further information.
Dropping and Adding a Course(s)
Beginning on the first day a class meets in any semester, students who drop a course(s) will be required to pay a $20 clerical fee for each course dropped including changing a course section. Refunds will be calculated based on the total amount due after the schedule adjustment has been made.
During summer and winter terms, the $20 clerical fee will be assessed after the first day class meets.
A clerical fee is not assessed for adding classes. Additional per hour fees owed will be calculated based on the total amount due after the schedule adjustment has been made.
Withdrawal from a Semester
A student who officially withdraws from enrollment in the Seminary must do so through the Registrar’s Office and is subject to the Refund Policy outlined above including per course clerical drop fees. No refunds will be made after the deadlines indicated above.