T. Dale Johnson Jr.
Assistant Professor of Biblical Counseling
Dr. Johnson was born in a small town in north Florida. After college and a brief baseball career, he moved to North Carolina to attend Southeastern Baptist Theological Seminary where he graduated with a Master of Divinity in 2005. For seven years after seminary, he served as Associate Pastor of Family Life at Raiford Road Church in his hometown of Macclenny, FL. After a call from God to pursue post-graduate work, he enrolled in the doctoral program at Southwestern Seminary and graduated with a Ph.D. in Biblical Counseling in December 2014. He has been a part of the Biblical Counseling department in the Terry School of Church and Family Ministries full-time at Southwestern since the fall semester of 2014. He recently presented a paper at the annual meeting of the Evangelical Theological Society entitled “Hubmaier and Conversion Therapy: A Case for Religious Liberty in Counseling.” Dr. Johnson is the proud husband of Summer and the father of six children, Easton, Titus, Will, Ellie, and twin girls Annadale and Caroline.
- Ph.D., Southwestern Baptist Theological Seminary, Ft. Worth, TX. Major: Biblical Counseling, Minor: Family Ministry, December 2014.
- Master of Divinity, Southeastern Baptist Theological Seminary, Wake Forest, NC. Concentration: Biblical Counseling, May 2005.
- Bachelor of Science, Major: Psychology, Minor: Sociology, Jacksonville University, Jacksonville, FL May 2001.
- Associate Pastor of Family Life, Raiford Road Church, Macclenny, FL (2005-2012). Overseer of Children, Youth and Counseling Departments.
- Chaplain, Baker County High School Wildcats, Baseball and Football Teams, Glen St. Mary, FL (2005- 2011).
- Intern, North Wake Baptist Church, Pastor Jeff Doyle, Spring 2005.
- Missions- Philippines (1999), Brazil (2004), Honduras (20 trips from 2004-2012), South-East Asia (2010).
- Instructor of Biblical Counseling, Southwestern Baptist Theological Seminary, Ft. Worth, TX, (August 2014-present)
- Adjunct Instructor, Southwestern Baptist Theological Seminary, Ft. Worth, TX (Summer 2013-Spring 2014).
- Teacher Assistant, Dr. Frank Catanzaro, Southwestern Baptist Theological Seminary, Ft. Worth, TX (Fall 2012 and Spring 2013).
- Adjunct Professor, Florida Gateway College, (Fall 2006-Fall 2011).
- Introduction to Biblical Counseling seminar taught with Dr. Frank Catanzaro (Professor at Southeastern Baptist Theological Seminary) at Seminario Teologico Bautista Equatorial in Belem, Para, Brazil, (Summer 2004).
- The Evangelical Theological Society
- “Hubmaier and Conversion Therapy: A Case for Religious Liberty in Counseling.” Evangelical Theological Society, San Diego, CA, November 20, 2014.
- Wife: Summer
- Children: Easton, Titus, Will, Ellie, Annadale, and Caroline.