Senior Professor of Foundations of Education
- Ph.D., 1994, Texas A&M University, College Station, TX
- M.Ed., 1991, Texas A&M University, College Station, TX
- BA, 1984, Sam Houston State University, Huntsville, TX
- 2011-2017: Professor at SWBTS; Department Chair for Foundations of Teaching 2013-2017; Director of MACSE program 2011-present; emeritus professor 2017-present
- 2004-2010: Professor and Science Education Department Chair and Co-dean of MS in Science Education at the Institute for Creation Research Graduate School, Irving, TX
- 1997-2004: Associate Professor at Stephen F. Austin State University, Nacogdoches, TX
- 1994-1997: Assistant Professor at the University of North Carolina, Charlotte, NC
- 1992-1994: Lecturer at Texas A&M University, College Station, TX
- Visiting Faculty Experience
- 2005: Origins and World Views, Koinonia Theological Seminary, Davao, Mindanao, Philippines
- 2002-2003: Curriculum Design in Science Education (graduate), Science Methods using Technology (graduate Institute for Creation Research, Santee, CA
- 1999: Instructional Design in Science Education (graduate), Institute for Creation Research, Santee, CA
- 2019: Board Member of Heart for the Unreached, a DFW ministry to Muslims, Hindus, and Buddhist refugees from Asia and the middle east.
- 2019 Consultant for Shema Christian School in Fort Dauphine, Madagascar. School start- up Spring 2020 in Fort Dauphin, Madagascar. Administrator is Toky Mamitiana.
- January 2017-May 2019: Director of Women’s Ministry. Women’s Director at FBC – The Colony, TX. Plan, lead and guide women’s Bible study and programs for church in-reach and community outreach.
- 2012-present: Sponsor of KERG – Kingdom Education Research Group; International students from Korea at SWBTS who are researching and developing a plan for Kingdom Education in Korea. (2012-present).
- 2018: Consultant for OneHope Christian Schools, a worldwide organization that reaches children for Christ all over the world. Review material for pilot school in Boca Raton, FL.
- 2018: Consultant for Frisco Community (Chinese) Bible Church in Frisco, TX. Topics: faith parenting, spiritual formation, teacher training.
- August 2017-present. Evangelizing through Teaching English to Afghani and Iraqi female Muslim refugees, beginning August, 2017 – present; Fort Worth area.
- 2018: Mission trip to Chennai, India. Evangelized in Hindu temples, gave my testimony in a church, taught the bible study at a hone church, witnessed in streets and coffee houses.
- 2017: Mission trip to Republic of Georgia. Taught refugee women about sanctification and hope in Jesus Christ; evangelized, presented testimony.
- 2016: Mission trip to Madagascar. Taught pastors’ wives giving an overview of the Bible and the redemptive work of God; evangelized.
- 2014: Mission trip to Madagascar. Taught tribal women about sanctification and their role in their home, community, and nation as a Christian.
- June 11-19, 2010: Mission trip to Merida, Mexico. Taught science lessons in classrooms, VBS, Sunday School, teacher training, and evangelism
- 2005-2007. Associate Teaching Director and Teaching Director for Community Bible Study in Nacogdoches, TX.
- 2004-2007: Associate Teaching Director and Teaching Director for Community Bible Study in Nacogdoches, TX
- 2004: Sunday School and Women's Bible Study, Grace Bible Church, Nacogdoches, TX
- 1995-1997: Sunday School Teacher Women's Class, Hickory Grove Baptist Church, Charlotte, NC
- 1992-1994: Sponsor and organizer of Christian Educator's Association International chapter for teachers and Pre-service teachers on Texas A&M's campus, College Station, TX
- 1985-1991: Sponsor and organizer of Higher Dimensions, a school sponsored Christian club in public schools, Watkins Jr. High and Labay Jr. High, Cypress-Fairbanks ISD, Houston, TX
- 1988-1990: Sponsor and organizer of Houston chapter of Christian Educator's Association International
- 1979-1985: Pioneer Girls leader at local chapter, Cypress Bible Church, Houston, TX and counselor at camp in Athens, TX
- 1975-1959: Director of Children’s Department at Cypress United Methodist Church, Cypress, TX.
The Two-Edged Sword, Inc. Dr. Nason is owner of a consulting initiative that instructs parents, teachers, church workers, and others how to mediate learning so people of all ages develop memory skills and learn to think biblically. As an Equipping Minds certified therapist, she is qualified to teach individuals, teachers, and parents to overcome cognitive deficiencies that cause dementia; auditory, visual, and spatial perception; ADHD; dyslexia; and a wide range of SPED labels; January, 2019 to present (http://the2edgedsword.com).
- Society for Professors in Christian Education (SPCE) (on the board 2015-2017)
- American Educational Research Association (AERA)
- Kappa Delta Pi (sponsor at SFA and UNC-Charlotte)
- National Science Teachers Association (NSTA)
- National Association for Research in Science Teaching (NARST)
- Nason, P. (2019). Luke 2:52 as a basis for how we “do” Christian education. Christian Education Journal, Fall, 2019, 1-15.
- Nason, P. (2009). Communicating the essentials: Developing science education curricula for today's Christian teacher. Acts & Facts, 8, 4-5.
- Nason, P. (2009). The iron grip of Darwinism. Acts and Facts, 38, 34-35.
- Nason, P. (2007). Science teachers violate NSTA standards of open inquiry, Daily Science Updates; online publication found at http://www.ICR.org.
- Nason, P. (2006). One of a kind creationist school launches online master's program. Online publication found at "http://www.answersingenesis.org/docs2006/0420icr.asp"
- Nason, P. (2000). McCune, S., Abel, C., Abel, Alexander, V., & Nason, P. (2000). Anatomy of an ExCET in Horn, R. A., & Kincheloe, J.L. (Eds.) American standards: Quality education in a complex world--The Texas Case. New York: Peter Lang Publishers.
- Nason, P.G. (1997). The impact of group interactions on meaning making while learning qualitative research methodology; chapter in E Stringer, Ed. Breaking the Boundaries. Lawrence Erlbaum Associates.
- Nason, P.G. (1996). Practicing scientists mentor preservice Science Teachers via Internet. Technology and Teacher Education Annual, 1996. Boston: Allyn and Bacon.
- Wiseman, D. & Nason, P.L. (1995). The nature of interactions in a field-based teacher education program. Action in Teacher Education, 17(3), 11-23.
- Nason, P.G. (1994). Technology in a teacher education program. Technology and Teacher Education Annual, 1994. Boston: Allyn and Bacon.
- Nason, P. (1993). Freedom to learn. Science Scope: Interdisciplinary Special Issue, 16(6), 9-12.
- President’s Thanksgiving Award; given by President Paige Patterson at SWBTS, August 23, 2015.
- SFASU Nominee for Faculty Achievement Award in Teaching, 2002
- SFASU Student Life Award. Division of University Affairs, 2001
- SFASU College of Education Teaching Excellence Award, March 30, 1999
- Married to Ken Nason
- Children: Nick, Nancy, Troy, Tressa, and Natalie