Professor of Missions, Vernon D. and Jeannette Davidson Chair of Missions, Patterson Center for Global Theological Innovation
- Ph.D., Oxford Centre for Mission Studies (CNAA), 1991
- D.Min., Fuller Theological Seminary, 1979
- M.Div., Southwestern Baptist Theological Seminary, 1966
- B.A., Howard Payne University, 1962
- Church Planter (started two churches)
- Missionary, Republic of Panama
- Assistant Director, Home Mission Board
- Evangelism Director, Baptist Convention of New York
- State Missions Director, Baptist Convention of New York
- Ph.D. Dissertation: "An Interdisciplinary Approach to Theological Contextualization," 1991
- Starting Reproducing Congregations, Church Starting Network, 2001
- Sharing The Good News With Roman Catholic Friends, Church Starting Network, 2003.
- Gospel in the Rosary, Church Starting Network, 2003
- Hispanic Realities Impacting Amercia, Church Starting Network, 2006
- Bible Storying for Church Planting, Church Starting Network, 2008
- "Ministering Among Hispanic Americans" in Wesley Balda, Heirs of the Same Promise.
- "Meeting the Hispanic World," Meeting the World, New Hope, 1992.
- "Strategies for Starting Churches," and "Contextualization and the Missionary Endeavor," in John Mark Terry, Ebbie Smith, Justice Anderson, Missiology, Broadman Press, 1998.
- "Contextualization in the Hermeneutical Process," in Bruce Corley, Steve Lemke, Grant Lovejoy, Biblical Hermeneutics, Broadman Press, 2002.
- "Starting Churches in the Hispanic Community" in Richard Harris, Reaching a Nation Through Church Planting, North American Mission Board, 2002.
- Church Planting Movements in North America, 2007
- Iglesia: Crecimiento y Cultura [Church: Growth and Culture], Convention Press, 1993.
- Doctrina del Fin [Doctrine of the Last Things], Convention Press, 1993.
- Cómo Testificar a sus Amigos Católicos, Casa Bautista de Publicaciones, 1999
- Testifiquemos a Nuestros Amigos, Womans Missionary Union, 2000
- Cómo Plantar Iglesias en el Siglo XXI, Casa Bautista de Publicaciiones, 2001
- Realidades Hispanas, Church Starting Network, 2006
- Evangelio en el Rosario, 2007
- Como Compartir Las Buenas Nuevas Con Sus Amigos Catolicos, 2007
- Crecimiento de Iglesias Saludables, 2007
- Cultivanda Iglesias Saludables, Church Starting Network, 2008
- Comovisión: Implicaciones para la obra misionera, Church Starting Network, 2011
- Home Missions Magazines
- Evangelical Missions Quarterly
- Baptist Men's Journal
- Urban Review
- Missiology: An International Review
- Church Growth Seminars, conducted in Argentina, Australia, Botswana, Brazil, Chile, Cuba, Ecuador. Germany, Guatemala, Italy, Korea, Mesico, Peru, Portugal, Puerto Rico, Russia, Spain, Uruguay, Venezuela, Zambia.
- Lectures in Argentina, Canada, Costa Rica, Croatia, Czech Republic, Dominican Republic, El Salvador, Guatemala, Honduras, Germany, Panama, Russia, Singapore, Spain, Switzerland, Thailand, Ukraine, Venzuela, Yugoslavia, and more than thirty states in the United States
- American Society of Missiology
- International Society of Missiology
- Southern Baptist Church Growth Fellowship
- Academy for Evangelism and Theology
- Evangelical Church Growth Society
- Valedictorian, Valley Baptist Academy
- Alpha Chi, National Honor Society, Howard Payne U
- Who's Who in American Colleges and Universities
- Distinguished Service Award, Howard Payne University
- Distinguished Service Award, Home Mission Board
- Who's Who among Hispanics In America
- Elected to Notable Men of America
- Elected to International Register of Profiles
- Spouse: Carmen
- Children: Danny, Vivian, David
- Church Membership: Wedgwood Baptist Church