- Ph.D., Dallas Theological Seminary, 1998
- Dissertation: "Ishmael in Biblical History"
- Th.M., Dallas Theological Seminary, 1994
- Postgraduate research in Human Microbiology, University of Montpellier, France, 1981-1982
- M.S. (Human Microbiology), University of Aix-Marseille, France, 1981
- M.S. (Natural Sciences), Lebanese University, Lebanon, 1980
- Southwestern Baptist Theological Seminary, Fort Worth, Texas
- Distinguished Professor of World Christianity and Middle Eastern Studies, 2016-Present
- Professor of World Christianity/NAME Studies, 2013-2016
- Associate Professor of Missions, 2004-2013
- Director of Islamic Studies Program, 2009-Present
- Assistant Dean, 2005-2009
- Courses offered: Arabs/Ishmael and Biblical History, Introduction to Missiology, Islamic History, Culture and Philosophy, Christian Inquiry to Islamic Faith and Practice, Pre-Islamic Christianity in the Middle East, Beginning Arabic I, Beginning Arabic II
- Instituto Iberoamericano de Estudios Transculturales (IIBET), Malago/Spain, 2009-Present
- Visiting Professor
- Dallas Theological Seminary, Dallas, Texas, 2006-Present
- Adjunct Professor
- Jordan Evangelical Theological Seminary, Amman, Jordan, Lebanon
- Visiting Professor, 2002-Present
- Assistant Academic Dean, 2001-2002
- Director of Translation and Publishing, 2001-2002
- Resident Professor of Biblical Studies,1998-2002
- Magi Ministries International, 2002-Present
- Chief Executive Officer
- Evangelical Free Church, Amman, Jordan, 1998-2002
- Senior Pastor
- Arab Baptist Theological Seminary (ABTS), Beirut, Lebanon, 1998-Present
- Visiting Professor
- Arab Chapel, First Baptist Church of Dallas, Dallas, Texas, 1990-98
- College of the Constant Lighthouse, Rayfoun, Lebanon, 1984-89
- Manarah Christian Bookstores, Beirut, Lebanon, 1984-89
- General Manager
- College Fréres Mont-La Salle, Ain-Saade, Lebanon, 1982-84
- High School Biology teacher
Courses Taught Abroad
- Arabs in Biblical History
- New Testament Backgrounds
- New Testament Introductions
- The Pentateuch
- Old Testament II and Poetry
- Old Testament Prophets
- Expository Preaching Application
- New Testament Survey
- Research Methods
- “Ishmaelites” in Lexham Bible Dictionary (Logos Bible Software), 2012.
- “Job and Early Arab Monotheism,” MEATE Journal, (Summer 2010).
- “Christianity and Human Rights,” a paper presented at the University of St. Thomas, St. Paul, MN, March 3-6, 2011.
- “Vindicating Ishmael,” Kindred Spirits, vol. 33 (Summer 2009), no. 2.
- “Missions in the Context of Violence in the Middle East,” in Missions in Contexts of Violence, Evangelical Missiological Society Series no. 15, edited by Keith E. Eitel (Pasadena, CA: William Carey Library Publishers, 2007).
- Arabs in the Shadow of Israel: The Unfolding of God's Prophetic Plan for Ishmael's Line, Kregel Publications, 2003.
- Nash’at al-’aalam wal-bashariyyah: qiraa’ah mu’aasirah lisifr al-takwîn (trans, Origin of the World and Humanity: A Modern Reading of the Book of Genesis). Beirut: Dar el-Jeel, 2001. Contributor.
- "Were the Magi from Persia or Arabia?" Bibliotheca Sacra, 156 (Oct-Dec., 1999), 423-42.
- American Academy of Religion
- Evangelical Theological Society
- Society of Biblical Literature
- Spouse: Married
- Church Membership: Travis Avenue Baptist Church
- Interests: Speaking on the topic of Arabs in Biblical History, worldwide Bible preaching and conferences, Christian-Muslim relationships and interaction
- Languages: Arabic, French, English, Hebrew, Greek, and German