Summer 2018 Hours (June 4 - July 27):
Monday: 12:30pm - 5:30pm
Tuesday: 11am - 4pm
Thursday: 11am - 4pm
Closed June 11-14, June 25-28, July 4
Our mission is to improve the research and writing skills of Southwestern's students and faculty. We work together with students to help them become better communicators in the classroom, in the church, and in the world. We are not an editing or a proofreading service, as our consultations are tailored more toward finding patterns instead of every error. We can help you develop the skills you need to proofread and edit your own work over time.
There are four ways to work with the center:
- Face-to-face appointments: this is our preferred method because it allows us to meet in person to talk about your writing concerns and/or patterns. First, schedule an appointment by visiting swbts.mywconline.com and clicking on an available time. Then, show up to that appointment with a hard copy of the paper and the prompt. We encourage students to choose 30-minute slots for papers of 5 pages or less or 1-hour slots for longer papers.
- Phone appointments: our mentors can also work with you by phone. You will still schedule an appointment, but 24 hours ahead of that appointment time, you will email your paper and prompt to WritingCenter@swbts.edu. Then, at the start of your session, please call extension 2920. (This is ideal for online or distance students.)
- Email: questions can be emailed to WritingCenter@swbts.edu, or you can call us at ext 2920.
- Houston: We have a writing center at our Houston Campus. If you are a student at the Houston Campus, contact Dr. Stefana Laing(email@example.com) for an appointment.
- If you need to cancel an appointment, please cancel it 24 hours in advance so that others will be able to use that time. You can cancel it by double-clicking on your appointment time and then clicking the “cancel” button. The cancel option will not be available in the 24 hours before your appointment time.
- If you miss two appointments without canceling them, you will not be able to visit the Writing Center again for a month.
- So that everyone may have the opportunity to make an appointment, we allow students to make two appointments each week.
- We can only help with take-home exams if you bring written permission from your professor. For more information on the Writing Center, please Click Here.