"For I am confident of this very thing, that He who began a good work in you will perfect it until the day of Christ Jesus."
- Philippians 1:6
Dean of Women's Programs
In the fall of 1939 at Southwestern Baptist Theological Seminary, a group of student wives felt the need for an organization for wives on campus. For more than 70 years, Southwestern has invested in student wives through this organization.
Metochai, evolving from the Greek word meaning partners, seeks to prepare student wives to be partners in ministry with their husbands. Metochai also provides spiritual growth and fellowship opportunities.
- Monthly meetings with praise and worship, encouraging speakers, and a time of fellowship with table mentors and fellow members
- Seminary Studies for Student Wives
- Bible studies
Ministry to Seminary Family
- Brothers Keeper (used clothing free to seminary families), located at 4844 Stanley Ave. Open the second and fourth Saturdays from 10 a.m. to noon and Tuesdays from 12:30 to 1:30 p.m.
- Volunteers for ministry of special needs
- Free childcare from 2 months through 6th grade is provided for Metochai meetings.
- childcare reservations must be made by the Thursday before the meeting by contacting June Lee at 817-92-1921, ext. 2970 or firstname.lastname@example.org. Cancellations must be made by noon on the day of the meeting by calling ext. 2970.