Stand Firm Apologetics Conference
Stand Firm 2017 Apologetics conference at Southwestern Baptist Theological Seminary.
March 3-4, 2017
Friday Night: A Christian/Atheist dialogue on “Is Faith Reasonable? Is Faith Good?”
Speakers: John Mark Reynolds and Michael Shermer
Saturday: Conference Keynotes - Tim McGrew and John Mark Reynolds
Other speakers include: Dr. Greg Trickett, Dr. Steve Lee, Sam Dallas, and Southwestern's own Dr. Paul Gould, Dr. Ross Inman, Dr. R. Keith Loftin, and Dr. Travis Dickinson
Early Bird Rate ends 2/17! Only $15 for students (includes lunch)!
Debate only rate: $15/$10 for students
Early bird rate (ends on 2/17): $20/$15 for students
Preregistration rate: $30/$20 for students
At the door rate: $35/$25 for students
Dialogue on faith (Friday night 7-9pm) Doors open at 6pm
John Mark Reynolds and Michael Shermer
Plenary speakers: Tim McGrew & John Mark Reynolds
8:30am Plenary 1: Tim McGrew “The Ring of Truth: How the Gospels Authenticate One Another”
9:45am Plenary 2: John Mark Reynolds “Objective Beauty: Seeing the Face of God”
11:00am Workshops 1
1:30pm Workshops 2
2:45pm Workshops 3
4:00pm Plenary 3: Tim McGrew “The Verdict of History: How Non-Christian Sources Authenticate the Gospels"
5:00pm Wrap up
1. Ross Inman “Apologetics, Evangelism, and The Art of Christian Persuasion”
2. Sam Dallas “Sharing and Defending Your Faith with Mormons”
3. Steve Lee "Witness and Evangelism Among People of Other Faiths"
Cultural Apologetics Track
1. Paul Gould “Longing for a 'Far off Country,’ the Argument for Desire, and God”
2. Keith Loftin “God and the Reasonableness of Flourishing”
3. Greg Trickett “On the Apologetic Uses of Fantasy”
Advanced Apologetics Track
1. Tim McGrew “The Forgotten Legacy: Classic Works and Contemporary Issues in Apologetics”
2. John Mark Reynolds “The Signs of a Culture in Crisis and What Can Be Done”
3. Travis Dickinson “The Epistemology of Doubt”