The Southwestern Advisory Council (SWAC)
An active group of ministry partners, advisors, and ambassadors who help advance the mission of Southwestern Baptist Theological Seminary and Scarborough College in fulfillment of our mission to biblically educate God-called men and women for ministries that fulfill the Great Commission and glorify God. SWAC members help enhance the quality and reputation of the seminary and college by offering the benefits of their experience to students, faculty, staff, and administration.
All born-again believers in the Lord Jesus Christ who have a desire to help Southwestern Seminary and Scarborough College reach its full potential are encouraged to apply for membership. SWAC members exhibit the following characteristics:
a) active membership in a local evangelical church;
b) a desire to promote the seminary and college;
c) a desire to participate as an ambassador to various venues, including local churches, businesses, and ministries.
Membership requirements are not unduly onerous and are intended to create goodwill for the seminary and college in a variety of ways that are manifest in a variety of ways, including but not limited to the following:
- Educating local churches and other like-minded entities about opportunities for involvement.
- Assisting in the recruitment of prospective students called of God to Christian ministry.
- Praying regularly for students, faculty, staff, and administration.
- Participating in scheduled meetings of the advisory council.
- Creating goodwill for the seminary and the college that can be channeled into active support of funding needs, including student scholarships, campus improvements (capital), and the Southwestern Fund.
- Encouraging God-called students as they fulfill the call of God on their lives.
- Recommending new members to serve on the advisory council.
- Encouraging deferred, or planned gifts (i.e. bequests, trusts) for the expansion of the endowment.
- Contributing annually to the seminary or college as a member of the President’s Club.
Please prayerfully consider joining us in sustaining—and raising—the foundation of SWBTS and Scarborough College. Your expertise will help. Contact the Office of Institutional Advancement to:
1. Register for the upcoming SWAC meeting as an invitee
2. Complete the SWAC application
3. Join the President’s Club