Eight SWBTS professors to be installed in academic chairs
FORT WORTH, Texas (SWBTS) – Eight professors will be installed in academic chairs during a special chapel service at Southwestern Baptist Theological Seminary in Fort Worth, Texas, Oct. 12.
The chapel service begins at 10:50 a.m. The public and media are invited to attend.
An academic chair is an fully endowed teaching post in which the professor’s salary has been provided through the generous support of donors. Academic chairs are named after prominent professors in a specific field of ministry or other historical personalities in the life of Southern Baptists and Southwestern Seminary.
In the ceremony, Southwestern Seminary President Paige Patterson will install the following faculty members into their respective chairs:
- David Allen into the George W. Truett Chair of Ministry
- Max Barnett into the Edgar Hallock Chair of Baptist Student Work
- David Keith in the Robert L. Burton Chair of Conducting
- John Moldovan in the George W. Bottoms Chair of Missions
- Calvin Pearson in the E. Hermond Westmoreland Chair of Preaching
- Richard Ross in the J.M. Price Chair of Religious Education
- Steven Smith into the James T. Draper, Jr. Chair of Pastoral Ministry
- Paul Wolfe into the Huber L. Drumwright, Jr. Chair of New Testament
Wayne Robertson, pastor of Morningside Baptist Church in Valdosta, Ga., will deliver the chapel sermon following the installation ceremony. For more information on Southwestern Seminary’s chapel schedule and speakers, log onto www.media.swbts.edu/.