New Southeastern Seminary academic building named ‘Patterson Hall'
FORT WORTH, Texas (SWBTS) – Southeastern Seminary honored Paige and Dorothy Patterson for their 11 years of service to the institution from 1992-2003 and their leadership in the Southern Baptist Convention by naming its newest academic building in their honor, Oct. 14. The Paige and Dorothy Patterson Hall houses state-of-the-art classrooms, faculty offices, space for doctoral programs and the L. Russ Bush Center for Faith and Culture.
To view the entire article on Southeastern’s Web site, visit http://sebts.wordpress.com/2008/10/16/patterson-hall-dedication-honors-contribution-of-former-president-first-lady-of-southeastern/#more-201.
About Southwestern Baptist Theological Seminary
Southwestern Seminary celebrates its centennial in 2008. Since its founding, the seminary has trained and sent out over 40,000 graduates to serve in local churches and mission fields around the world. In 1908, B.H. Carroll established the seminary on the campus of Baylor University. It was moved to its current location on Seminary Hill in Fort Worth in 1910 and was placed under the direction of the Southern Baptist Convention in 1925. Paige Patterson was elected as the eighth president of the seminary in 2003.