Professor responds to Washington Post editor
Malcolm Yarnell, associate professor of Systematic Theology, recently responded to Washington Post’s On Faith editor David Water’s article titled, "Southern Baptist Decline and God’s Bottom Line." Yarnell answers Water’s questions, including:
- "Shouldn't the church find more faithful ways of measuring its success?"
- "Mercy instead of membership?"
- "Forgiveness instead of financial contributions?"
- "Baptisms lived in the world instead of baptisms recorded in a book?"
- "Justice instead of just stats?"
To read his response in its entirety, please visit: http://newsweek.washingtonpost.com/onfaith/guestvoices/2009/01/view_from_a_southern_baptist.html.