Parking & Vehicle Services
- All students including doctoral and commuter students must register online each vehicle that is used on campus. Vehicle registration is completed on WebAdvisor. The Vehicle Permit Request is under the Financial Information heading on the student menu:
- Anyone buying or trading a vehicle must update vehicle information at S-103. Decals should be removed from vehicles no longer being used by the student. Old decals must be removed before affixing new ones on the rear window.
- All faculty, staff and employees must obtain a decal for each vehicle that may be driven on campus or on Southwestern property. Registration for faculty and staff is located under the Personal Information heading on the staff menu:
- Red, Purple and Gold decals must be renewed each fall semester, as they expire at the end of August each year.
- Blue decals are renewed every three years.
- Handicap parking is allowed in all parking spaces, excluding loading zones, fire lanes, timed areas beyond the timed limit, or parking spaces specifically marked for an individual. Handicap designated spots are available in most lots. Handicap placards must be displayed.
- Temporary Handicap permits are available at no cost in S-103 to anyone who has a temporary disability that precludes walking long distances.
- Guest parking permits are available at S-103 at no cost.
- Temporary parking permits (such as for borrowed vehicles or rentals) are available at S-103 at no cost.
- Motorcycles must be registered via license plate. Currently no Southwestern decal is required.
- Decals must be affixed to the rear outside windshield on the lower left corner of the glass.
- Vehicles with plastic windows or a soft top (such as a jeep) may place decals on the front window close to the inspection or registration decals or on the rear bumper. Old decals should be removed. Decals may not be placed over an old decal.
- Decals cannot be altered in any way.
- All students in seminary housing or on seminary property must have decals on all vehicles driven or parked on seminary property, and surrounding public streets.
- All parking permits/decals are located at the cashier’s office in S-103 at no cost.
Restricted Parking Areas
- Lot 1 is designated parking only 24/7.
- Lot 3 Monday-Friday, 6 a.m. to 6 p.m., is Faculty/Staff. General decals can use lot after 6 p.m.
- Lot 4 is a Gold decal lot for Fort Worth Hall residents and designated Faculty/staff and guest parking.
- Lot 5 Monday-Friday, 6 a.m. to 6 p.m., blue decal. All other decaled vehicles can park here after 6 p.m. and have to be moved before 6 a.m.
- Lots 7&25 are Purple decal lots for Barnard Hall resident parking only, and designated guest parking. No decaled vehicle can park in guest parking, as it is for visitors of the seminary only.
- Lot 11 is reserved for Children’s Center, Walsh Counseling Center faculty, appointments and visitors. Non-faculty/staff in these buildings should use Lot 26 only. No student parking is allowed in Lot 11. Lot 11 is a Blue decal parking lot only.
- Lot 27 has marked reserved spaces for the Campus Clinic. All non-marked spaces are for general student parking.
Parking regulations are enforced 24 hours a day, 7 days a week. Tickets will be issued for the offenses listed below. Other violations may be issued tickets that are not listed below.
- Parking in no parking zone (areas not clearly marked for parking).
- Parking beyond a specified time limit in a timed area.
- Parking in a loading zone. Pausing in a loading zone only long enough to load or unload the vehicle is permitted.
- Parking in a drive or alley not designated for parking is not permitted.
- Parking or stopping for any reason in a fire lane is not permitted.
- Parking on a grassy area is not permitted.
- Parking or storing of vehicles that are not operational, expired license plates, expired state inspection sticker, or expired Southwestern decal is not permitted. Vehicles may be towed and stored at the student’s or owner’s expense.
- Student resident parking in student housing areas without proper decal affixed is not permitted.
- Back-in or pull-through parking in campus parking lots is not permitted.
- Violation of current city and state traffic laws on seminary property. This includes speeding (all speed limits are 10 mph in housing areas unless otherwise posted), failure to honor stop signs, parking on wrong side of street, driving wrong way, etc.
- Parking in lots/spaces where not authorized (each lot is posted indicating authorized parking).
- Students or immediate family parking in a visitor space.
- Parking in such a manner that any portion of the vehicle extends over the lines defining the approved parking space.
- Washing cars on campus or areas of student housing where the rent and water bill are combined.
- Changing of oil or working on vehicles on campus or in areas of student housing is not allowed.
- Parking an unregistered vehicle. All vehicles used by students or their families must have a decal. A temporary permit is available for borrowed or rental vehicles.
- Handicap spaces are for handicap personnel ONLY. A handicap placard or license plate must be displayed to use handicap parking.
- Guest Parking is for guests visiting the seminary. It is not a parking space for seminary students or employees.
- General Parking Fines—$25.00
Vehicle registration/inspection expired
Vehicle over parking space lines
- Decal Violations—$25.00
- Restricted Parking Violations—$25.00
Visitor/loading zones, Reserved parking spaces, Timed parking
Non-designated parking space, Back-in/pull-through parking
Grassy areas, alley ways
- City, State Traffic Law Violations—$50.00
Stop sign violation, Negligent/speeding violation
Wrong way on one way street
- Handicap Parking Violations—$75.00
No placard or license plate displayed, Non-handicap in handicap space
- Parking Safety Violations—$100.00
- Fire lane or hydrant violations
- Vehicle oil on ground/storm drains
- Late Fees: $10.00 will be added 30 days after ticket was issued if the ticket has not been paid.
- All Fines are to be paid at the Cashier’s office in S-103 or by mail as noted on the back on the citation.
- Appeal forms are available on the seminary website at the following link: https://swbts.edu/offices/campus-police-department/citation-appeal/
- The Parking Appeals Committee will consider appeals on a regular basis. You will be notified via email of the status of your appeal.
- Fill out Appeal forms completely and correctly to ensure a quick and fair response.
- Inclement weather will not excuse parking violations.
- Not having read the parking regulations will not be accepted as a reason for having a parking violation excused.
- A parking ticket will not be excused if it violates one of the existing parking regulations.
- Excessive parking violations will result in the revocation of parking privileges on Southwestern property.
- Faculty or staff are not permitted to excuse tickets or authorize the violation of any parking regulation.
- Appeal Committee decisions will be final.
- Deadlines to remember: from date of issuance: 15 days to make an appeal and 30 days to pay the fine.
- Parking Regulations apply to all drivers of vehicles, regardless of relationship to student, and are subject to change without notice.
Parking Decal Designations
Lots 13, 18, 24, 26, 27* and general housing lots
Lots 1, 3, 5, 6, 11, 18, 24, 26, & 27* anytime.
Lots 7, 13, 18, 24, 25, 26 & 27* anytime.
Fort Worth Hall
Lots 4, 13, 18, 24, 26, & 27* anytime.
To Be Announced
To Be Announced
No decal is needed for guest (non-student related) parking in any lot.
*Lot 27 has reserved parking spaces for patients at the medical clinic ONLY.
**Note: Loading zones have 10-minute limit in all areas.