Sallie Mae Loan
Although Southwestern Baptist Theological Seminary does not participate in any Federal or State Loan and Grant programs, there are private loan options available. The Smart Option Loan is a one-year private loan through Sallie Mae. The maximum amount approved by SWBTS is the combined total of the students annual cost of fees, books and tuition. The loan does not cover housing or any other educational or living expenses.
The process is as follows:
- The student needs apply for the Smart Option Student loan at salliemae.com.
- After the application has been completed and the student has been approved to receive a loan, the next step will be to complete the Sallie Mae Loan Certification Document and email it to firstname.lastname@example.org.
- The request will then be reviewed and the loan will be certified by a financial aid officer.
- When it arrives on campus, the Office of Financial Aid will contact the student and notify him/her that the check is ready for pick up.
If you need to have your check mailed, you will need to send an email to email@example.com
requesting your check to be mailed and include the address.
- It is the student's responsibility to pay the tuition balance.
If you have any other questions, please contact the Office of Financial Aid.
For loan details, please visit salliemae.com