Campus housing began in the unfinished basement of Fort Worth Hall in 1910 when the seminary moved from Waco to the present campus in Fort Worth. Today, the seminary provides approximately 630 apartments and houses and more than 350 spaces in two residence halls.
At Southwestern Seminary, we are committed to providing safe, sufficient, clean and affordable housing for all eligible students. This website should help guide you in applying for and selecting the housing that best meets your needs
To apply for housing, one must be an approved student. At the time of move-in, the student must be (or will be at the next registration period) a bona fide student enrolled for academic credit in an approved Southwestern Baptist Theological Seminary degree or certificate program, maintaining a minimum of six (6) hours per semester (spring and fall). If you need information about applying to become a student at Southwestern, please contact our Admissions office at: 1-800-SWBTS-01; P.O. Box 22740, Fort Worth, TX 76122-0740.
Why Campus Housing?
- Location. Campus housing places residents a short distance from student facilities on campus (i.e., classrooms, library, student center, business office, etc.). The majority of housing units are located within four blocks of the seminary.
- Quality and Service. Campus housing is maintained by an in-house facilities team. All units are serviced and cleaned prior to arrival. After-hour emergency maintenance calls are received by a real person and addressed by an on-call maintenance representative as appropriate.
- Community. Campus housing offers tenants the opportunity to build lasting friendships that will enrich their educational experience and encourage future ministry.
- Economy. Campus housing typically runs 15-25% less than comparable facilities in the area. Further, the convenience of location virtually eliminates the cost of commuting.
- Safety. In addition to attentive, caring neighbors, the student housing is patrolled 24 hours a day, 7 days a week, 365 days a year by a highly trained security team. Our campus security force works in concert with the FWPD and brings an added layer of protection for our residents unavailable at most apartment complexes.
Take a Tour
If you are interested in seeing our housing first-hand, we invite you to take a tour! Full campus tours are offered most Mondays, Wednesdays and Fridays throughout the year. Click here for more information about setting up a campus tour.
A summary of the student housing options can be downloaded here. If you have questions, comments or suggestions, please contact us using the following:
- E-mail: firstname.lastname@example.org
- Phone: 817.923.1921, ext. 2330
- Fax: 817.921.8794
- Mail: P.O. Box 22480, Fort Worth, TX 76122
- Location: Fleming Hall Suite 7 (F-007) | 2001 West Seminary Drive, Fort Worth, TX 76115
- Hours: Mon–Fri (8 a.m. - 5 p.m.). Note: we are open through lunch but closed for chapel Tue–Thur during the fall and spring semesters.
Apply for Housing
Learn how to apply for Student Housing: