Apply for Housing
The following information outlines the application and assignment process. Please read this page prior to submitting your application (see link below):
Am I Eligible for Campus Housing?
Students can apply for housing only after receiving approval from the Admissions Office (new students) or Registrar's Office (returning students).
Students occupying seminary housing must be enrolled in an approved seminary degree and maintain a minimum of six hours of regular delivery method classes on campus per semester (spring and fall). Internet classes and i-term classes may not be used to reach the six hour minimum.
How do I apply?
- The student housing application is now an online application.
- In order for an application to be valid, a deposit must be paid. Beginning January 1, 2018 General Housing deposits will be equal to ½ month's rent (minimum $150.00). At the time of application an initial $150.00 will be required and the remaining deposit balance will be collected upon assignment. Dorm deposits will remain at $150.00. Payment of the deposit may be made via WebAdvisor, US mail, or in person at the cashier's window (S-103). Additional payment instructions are provided on-screen as well as by e-mail upon completion of the application. The deposit is refundable when an assignment is cancelled at least 30 days prior to the move-in date or at move-out.
- Apply at your earliest convenience. For the best availability, prospective residents are encouraged to make application early, preferably three to six months before the requested move-in date. However, eligible persons may apply at any time.
- To complete an application, click on the link below:
How Are Assignments Made?
- Housing applications are handled in the order in which they are received.
- A confirmation e-mail will be sent once the application and minimum $150.00 deposit have been received.
- Assignments are made approximately 30 days in advance of the requested move-in date. All assignments are subject to the eligibility of the applicant for and availability of the type housing requested.
- While every effort is given to make assignments according to the preferences listed, there is no guarantee that one's first, second, or third choice can be filled due to potential limitations of eligibility or availability or both.
- An assignment e-mail will be sent once the assignment is made. Applicants are asked to respond to this e-mail by phone within two business days.
- At the time of confirmation, an appointment (i.e., date and time) is made to sign the lease and pick-up keys.
- Rent begins on the date the keys are received and is pro-rated for the first month (based on a 30 day rental rate table).