One of the largest seminaries in the world, Southwestern Baptist Theological Seminary equips men and women with a strong theological foundation to fulfill God’s calling on their lives. Rooted in Scripture and branching out to fulfill the Great Commission,
Southwestern Seminary has trained and commissioned more than 46,000 graduates to serve in local churches and mission fields around the world. In 1908, B.H. Carroll established the seminary on the campus of Baylor University, and Southwestern moved to its current location on Seminary Hill in Fort Worth in 1910.
From the beginning, the major thrust of the seminary has been to provide theological training for “preachers of the Gospel.” Today, its graduates serve in numerous Christian ministries in churches and in the Southern Baptist Convention, as well as on mission fields around the world.
From its inception, Southwestern Baptist Theological Seminary has sought to combine the highest standards of research and scholarship with vigorous training in the practical areas of ministry including missions, evangelism, discipleship, preaching and worship.