Journal of Theology
Volume 61, No. 2 - Spring 2019
Managing Editor: W. Madison Grace II
This volume presents articles from the field of World Christian Studies. Highlighted within this issue are diverse essays engaging missions in a global context. This volume particularly highlights the work on World Christianity that is ongoing at Southwestern with articles written by faculty and graduates of the World Christian Studies Program.
Table of Contents
- Editorial - W. Madison Grace II
- Continuities in Contrast: World Christianity and the West – Keith E. Eitel
- Understanding Diffusion: The Role of a Western Missionary in Africa – Kenneth H. Vines
- The Retransmission of Evangelical Christianity in Nigeria: The Legacy and Lessons from Bishop Samuel Ajayi Crowther’s Life and Ministry (1810–1891) – Olayemi O.T. Fatusi
- An Assessment of the Origin of Nigerian Pentecostalism and Garrick Sokari Braide’s Healing Ministry of the Niger Delta (1882-1918) – Jacob K. Oladipupo
- Missions and Insurgency in Nigeria: A Historical Survey of Nigerian Baptist Convention Work, 1980 to 2020 and the Future of World Christianity – Moses Audi
- Globalization, Glocalization, and the Impact of Circular Migration on the Expansion of Christianity in Islamic Sub-Saharan Africa – M. Augustus Hamilton
- Book Reviews
Please direct subscription correspondence and change of address notices to Editorial Assistant, P.O. Box 22608, Fort Worth, Texas 76122. Change of address notices must include both the old and new addresses. A one-volume subscription in the United States is $30. An international subscription is $52.